Harry Potter fans have joined with members of fandoms from other popular books, movies, and tv series to create Helping Haiti Heal, a home-grown effort to contribute to the growing humanitarian aid and charitable relief activities in Haiti.
This Saturday, January 23rd, at 2 P.M. EST, HPA's PotterWatch, PotterCast, MuggleCast, Hogwarts Radio, and FictionAlley will come together for a live fundraising webcast on Livestream to benefit Partners in Health. This four hour live event will feature a donation drive where donors have the opportunity to win prizes, leaders and celebrities from various segments of popular culture, wizard rockers, interviews with civic leaders and Haitian Americans, and so much more.
Wizard Rock bands Harry and the Potters, Draco and the Malfoys, The Remus Lupins, Ministry of Magic, Lauren Fairweather, and The Whomping Willows will perform as part of this live event.
Many amazing, unique, and rare prizes are available do donors, including:
- Five signed and dedicated copies of novels by bestselling author Terry Pratchett.
- Signed books from Time Magazine's Lev Grossman, NY Times bestselling author Melissa Anelli, Movies in 15 Minutes author Cleolinda Jones, and Urban fantasy novelist Lilith Saintcrow, as well as young adult authors Karen Healey, Aprilynne Pike, Pam Bachorz, Lisa Mantchev, and many more.
- A signed Mega Book Pack of 30 novels from The 2009 Debutantes, including: Malindo Lo, Saundra Mitchell, Sarah Ockler, Michelle Zink, and Jackson Pearce.
- Guest spots on PotterCast and Hogwarts Radio.Busted keyboard used by Harry and the Potters at over 200 shows.
- Signed CDs from such wizard rock bands as The Remus Lupins, The Whomping Willows, The Butterbeer Experience, and Oliver Boyd and the Rememberalls.
- Quality replica LightSaber based on Luke's from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
- Full Access Registration to LeakyCon 2011, valued over $300.
- $200 Gift Certificate to Infinitus 2010.
- Outgoing voicemail messages and birthday messages from your favorite Wizard Rock Bands and Podcasters.
- Limited edition, artist signed, Replica Slimer from Ghostbusters.
Help Haiti Heal will be feature Harry Potter podcasts PotterCast, MuggleCast, HPA's PotterWatch, Hogwarts Radio, and FictionAlley; live performances from many wizard rockers; leaders in fan communities; personal interviews with Haitian-Americans about the importance of giving to Partners In Health; human rights activists; a representative from MIT's Media Lab discussing ways that we can donate our time using new media; and much more. It is the aim of Helping Haiti Heal to provide ideas and inspiration across fandoms to those with the desire to aid those affected by the earthquake. Together, we can help heal Haiti.