Friday, 20 June 2014
After three days of tweeting from around Hogsmeade, Muggle London and Diagon Alley, this morning included a surprising and spontaneous chance to visit “both sides of the Wizarding World" without venturing into the Muggle world in between.
The day started with Butterbeer (for breakfast) and a visit with the Sorting Hat. Then I heard - but did not see! - a Thestral at a carriage by Hogsmeade Station, rode the Hogwarts Express to King’s Cross and spotted the Knight Bus - and some Sherlock Holmes books - by The Leaky Cauldron (their sign on the Wizarding side leaks).
I can’t wait to come back for the experience of walking into Diagon Alley with witches and wizards. I still haven’t ridden through Gringotts or seen the Beedle tales performance, nor tried Butterbeer soft-serve ice cream in a cone, and even today there were details I saw that I’d missed before - not just on the Hogwarts Express but, believe it or not, on Forbidden Journey!
So many kudos to Universal for this immersive experience. I can’t wait to show some pics & talk about it at the Harry Potter fan panel at Comic Con, and come back for LeakyCon next month, and again and again with family and friends. This place is perfect. It feels magical and detailed and correct and will inspire fans to think about and talk of and even create, and will inspire those who still haven’t read the books - or are just getting to the age where they want to - to love the Wizarding World.
Next stop, Fantastic Beasts, Jo?
Coming over the weekend, our gallery of photos of detailed elements of the Wizarding World that fill Diagon Alley, Nocturne Alley and Horizontal Alley - we're sure FictionAlley is also around there somewhere with innumerable book shops and art galleries, but we didn't spot an entrance this time. If you can't wait, check us out on Twitter for brief glimpses of the magic.
Note: Some meal and hotel expenses, as well as park admission, were provided by Universal, although all opinions are our own.
Wednesday, 18 June 2014
Monday, 16 June 2014
We are on #Potterwatch this week and can't wait to visit @UniversalORL for this week's #DiagonAlley media preview & #ButterbeerIceCream
— FictionAlley (@fictionalley) June 16, 2014
Follow @FictionAlley for live reports from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley, starting on Tuesday, June 17!
Friday, 6 June 2014
Last weekend, FictionAlley's Heidi went "back to Hogwarts" (to quote the StarKid song) to revisit Hogsmeade, have some #Butterbeerforbreakfast and see what could be seen of the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando.
It was magical! While we're still a few weeks from the Grand Opening of the Diagon Alley area - Hypable reports that June 20 looks to be a likely Opening Day - we got the new double-park shopping bag with our purchases and caught glimpses of Hogsmeade Station and the top of the Knight Bus.
We also visited the revamped Honeydukes - now bereft of the joke products that will be available soon, alongside more japes and tricks, at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes in Diagon Alley - and checked out new products including mens' swimming trunks and an interactive Marauders' Map that lets you track Harry, Hermione, Ron, Dumbledore and Snape around Hogwarts.
We're not the only ones who went to the WWoHP this week - Oliver and James Phelps joined Bonnie Wright for a peek into the shops and experiences along Diagon Alley and Muggle "London" - but be warned! There are spoilers for the park in that video! They also tried some of the new food options that visitors will get to enjoy at The Leaky Cauldron before long.
We'll see you there when the construction walls come down!
Here's the latest from Universal:
Opening this summer, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley will bring even more of Harry Potter’s adventures to life. Inside the land, guests will enjoy themed shops, dining experiences and the groundbreaking thrill ride – Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. The new area will double the size of the sweeping land already found at Universal Orlando, expanding the spectacularly themed environment across both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
Wednesday, 4 June 2014
The Harry Potter fandom is back! And so are J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World stories, with three new movies and a brand new theme park - which will all inspire hundreds of thousands of Wrock songs, fancons, fanart, cosplay, fan-ﬁlms and vids, charitable and social justice projects, and so much more. This year will mark our seventh Comic Con celebration of all things Harry Potter, and we're hoping to look back at creativity from the fandom, ship debates, Pottermore and Quidditch - as well as what's new from Universal Studios, WB and J.K. Rowling. Last year, about 800 Harry Potter fans capped off their Comic Con weekend at our panel discussion, and we'd love to do the same this year.
Confirmed panelists include FictionAlley writer and award-winning playwright Madhuri Shekar, MarkDoesStuff's Mark Oshiro, the HP Alliance's Lauren Bird, Team StarKid's Dylan Saunders, the 15th Anniversary Harry Potter book cover illustrator Kazu Kibuishi and wrocker/actress Sunny Williams. FictionAlley's Heidi will be moderating - and we'll have some giveaways and surprises, too!
While SDCC sold out months ago, we're hoping to have a brief afterparty for HP fandomers who aren't able to make it to the panel. More info on that TBA.
Hope to see you in San Diego next month!
Tuesday, 20 May 2014
Not only did the Oxford English Dictionary add the verb “ship” in its quarterly update, their definition is spot-on; that's exactly how we've been using it since June of 2001. For some reason, though, we didn't include it in our 2002 glossary - possibly because we had already posted the definition in a pinned post in SCUSA.
Shipping is a general term for emotional and/or intellectual involvement with the ongoing development of romance in a work of fiction. Shipping can involve virtually any kind of relationship from the well-known and established, through the ambiguous or those undergoing development, and even all the way to the highly improbable and the blatantly impossible. People involved in shipping (aka shippers) assert that the relationship does exist, will exist, or simply that they would like it to exist.We also note their use of lines from Dido's White Flag in their headline; at least three fics on FA use those lyrics:
- White Flag by Magick (Harry/Ginny)
- White Flag by Alohomora (Harry/Ginny)
- Wedding Day by LoonyLoopyLuna (Harry, Ginny, Draco)
It's interesting that the OED blog chose to illustrate it with Sherlock/Molly, which implies to us that whoever wrote that page is versed in the ways of fandom. It's inherently meta, as an example, because many view the BBC Sherlock as fanfic (or a fanfilm) of the Arthur Conan Doyle stories, which means that Sherlock/Molly is in and of itself a fan-created ship that is canon in one version of Sherlock fanworks, and is both an on-screen romance in The Empty Hearse but also not an on-screen romance in said episode as it’s only visually included in a story being told by a character.
In other words, kudos to you, OED, for including a fannish term, giving the fannish etymology, and wrapping the whole thing up in a perfect storm of English-story-centric meta.
How would you have defined it?
Thursday, 15 May 2014
No, JKR is writing as Ginny Weasley Potter, and you can catch her updates and news reports from the Quidditch World Cup every day this week on Pottermore!
You can also follow the progYou can also follow the progress of your favourite team with Pottermore’s ‘Route to the Final’, which can be found on the Pottermore Insider blog. JKR's new stories are sure to provide plot and art bunnies and creative inspiration to ficcers and fanartists alike! Let us know how they're inspiring your creativity.
Tuesday, 13 May 2014
That'll be over fifteen years since the paperback Schoolbook was first released, in support of the UK's Comic Relief charity. With the movie release about 30 months away, we still don't know who'll star as Newt Scamander, or whether the cast will include Young Dumbledore, Potter, Weasley, Lovegood, Malfoy or Black ancestors, or... much of anything else - though we do know the film will be set in the wizarding world of New York City.
Are you getting in line for a good seat yet?
Universal promised Grand Opening information soon - but we still don't know exactly when the dragon will start breathing fire and new flavours of Florean Fortescue's ice cream will start being served.
It will be sometime this summer, though - will you be heading to Orlando to join thousands of fans in the Wizarding World?
Tuesday, 6 May 2014
|Did you sign the posterboard?|
At Nimbus - 2003, most of the attendees signed a piece of foam-core board that one of the attendees had brought - and instead of signing our real names, or fandom names, most everyone signed with their LiveJournal usernames! That was the year that so much of fandom migrated onto LJ, if they hadn't already; Facebook didn't exist yet, nor did YouTube or Twitter - although MySpace did!
How many names can you find and recognize? Did you read their fics or posts on LJ or here on FictionAlley?
Heidi currently has this poster at her office, and may raffle it off some day, or keep it forever as a fantastic, self-contained archive of information and content.
Tuesday, 8 April 2014
Wednesday, 19 February 2014
FictionAlley founder Heidi will be reading from FIC: Why Fanfiction is Taking Over the World at South By Southwest in Austin in March!
- Online LEGO Fans and the People who Love Them (Frederikke Hoff, The Lego Group)
- How Jane Austen Conquered Social Storytelling (Jay Bushman, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries)
- We Are All Pole Dancing on the Internet Now (Mandy Stadtmiller, xoJane)
- Giving Your Fans Brand Ownership (Victor Lee, Hasbro)
Heidi's presentation date/time info was announced as part of the SXSW schedule last week - it'll be Tuesday, March 11 at 10 AM at the Convention Center; click here for more information.
Sunday, 2 February 2014
“I wrote the Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfillment,” she says. “That’s how it was conceived, really. For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron.”We hope not, too.
“I know, I’m sorry,” she continued, “I can hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans, but if I’m absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that. It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility. Am I breaking people’s hearts by saying this? I hope not.”
FictionAlley has long been a site that hosts fics of all shapes, sizes and ships. It's what we were founded to do way back 2001, and we have never refused to post a fic because of the characters or ships included in the story.
We've also hosted ship squee threads and ship debate threads in FictionAlley Park's SCUSA and VENOM forums; if you're H/Hr and want to talk about the news, you can join the thread here, and if you prefer R/Hr, you can re-start that thread by posting here.
Innumerable other ships, from Ron/Harry, Harry/Ron/Hermione and so many more can be found in SCUSA. Ship debates don't go in those threads; visit V.E.N.O.M. for "Vehement, Exuberant & Neverending Opinions, Monographed".
There've been a lot of reactions from all corners of the fandom - and among people who are Harry Potter fans but didn't participate in the fandom in the past. Some of those reactions draw on hurt feelings and stigmas from seven, ten, thirteen years ago, and some of those hurt feelings were caused by posts made on this site. In retrospect, some of us may look back on things we said with regret, with vindication, with insight from what we've learned and experienced since.
Back in 2003, right before OotP came out, Heidi wrote this:
We're all about to jump into this brand new era, pretty much in tandem with each other. And no matter what our shipping preferences are, who our favorite - and least favorite - characters may be ...
It's going to be exciting, isn't it?
Fandom is forever; people who hadn't thought about Harry Potter specifics in years were on FB and tumblr and Twitter and FA and MN and TLC last night to talk about it, to revisit fics they loved, and some people are considering writing fics they didn't finish, or only thought about, after HBP or DH, but chose not to continue with because of shipping or character issues. If that's what comes out of these comments by JKR and Emma Watson - more stories, more art, more discussion, more fandom - then we will all be able to enjoy even more magic, for years to come.
FictionAlley will always be here, wherever the fandom is, to host your stories, discussions, thoughts, art, squee and flail. Share your thoughts, share your stories, and let's all enjoy how Creativity Is Magic!
Friday, 24 January 2014
Monday, 30 December 2013
On January 23 at about 10:30 AM (Eastern US Standard Time); those who've signed up in advance will be able to view a webcast with more information about the Diagon Alley expansion. Will you be watching? If you can't, we'll be sharing the news in FictionAlley Park as soon as we can.
|HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. (s13) © 2014 Universal Orlando Resort. All rights reserved.|
ETA: Matthew Lewis (Neville) and Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley (also Brian Williams from Doctor Who)) were just announced as attending the Celebration of Harry Potter as well!
Thursday, 12 September 2013
Yes, she's writing films set in the Wizarding World circa 1920, in New York and elsewhere, and here's what the lady herself had to say:
“Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards where I was so happy for seventeen years, ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world. The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to anyone who has read the Harry Potter books or seen the films, but Newt’s story will start in New York, seventy years before Harry’s gets underway.We think the first film says it best:
It all started when Warner Bros. came to me with the suggestion of turning ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ into a film. I thought it was a fun idea, but the idea of seeing Newt Scamander, the supposed author of ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ realized by another writer was difficult. Having lived for so long in my fictional universe, I feel very protective of it and I already knew a lot about Newt. As hard-core Harry Potter fans will know, I liked him so much that I even married his grandson, Rolf, to one of my favourite characters from the Harry Potter series, Luna Lovegood.
As I considered Warners’ proposal, an idea took shape that I couldn’t dislodge. That is how I ended up pitching my own idea for a film to Warner Bros.
I particularly want to thank Kevin Tsujihara of Warner Bros. for his support in this project, which would not have happened without him. I always said that I would only revisit the wizarding world if I had an idea that I was really excited about and this is it.”
Fanfic on all four houses
Discussions in FictionAlley Park
We don't have release date (or even casting) information yet, but we feel like we've had far too much Pepper-Up Potion as we contemplate not just the film (and the tie-in novel, and the merchandise, and the gifs!) but also the inspiration that it will be for fanworks of all types.
Always, Harry Potter.
Tuesday, 27 August 2013
Remember, FictionAlley's hosting fees are about $200 per month, and we need your support to cover those costs. Learn how to donate to FictionAlley here!
If you're going to be at DragonCon this weekend, join us at the Velocity Bar at the Marriott on Saturday night from 9 PM on for chocolate nachos and fannish conversation. Follow FA's Heidi on Twitter to get exact info about where we'll be - and we hope to see you at the YA track, with Natalia Tena or Lev Grossman, and of course on Sunday night at the Yule Ball, featuring the Blibbering Humdingers!
Thursday, 1 August 2013
Yes, we hope to do it again in 2014 - but this time, with an afterparty so we can continue to celebrate the magic that is the Harry Potter fandom.
After all this time?
Tuesday, 16 July 2013
Hello, San Diego!
If you're coming to Comic Con, the Harry Potter fandom has some terrific plans!
The annual Harry Potter Fandom Panel (Still Magic!) takes place on Sunday, July 21 at 4:15 PM in Room 6DE at the Convention Center. Sixteen years after we first went to Hogwarts, fans are still discussing, creating and gathering online and in person to share their love for J. K. Rowling's stories, and for the fandom! Look back, ahead, and into the Mirror of Erised with forever HP fans, including moderator Heidi Tandy (FictionAlley.org), Joey Richter and Brian Rosenthal (Team StarKid/A Very Potter Senior Year), Mark Oshiro (MarkDoesStuff.com), Harrison Homel (International Quidditch Association), Leslie Combemale (ArtInsights), Alex Carpenter (The Remus Lupins), and Lauren Bird (HP Alliance). Comic-Con badges are required for admission to this panel.
FictionAlley's Heidi Tandy is also on a panel on fanfiction with others who've contributed essays to SmartPop Books' FIC!, which is coming out this fall. Fanfiction has recently moved into the spotlight, with fic authors getting impressive book deals and Amazon announcing Kindle Worlds. But there's a lot more to the story than Fifty Shades of Grey. Panelists Amber Benson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Christina Lauren (tby789 and LolaShoes, Beautiful Bastard), Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires, Weather Wardens), V. Arrow (aimmyarrowshigh, The Panem Companion), and Heidi Tandy (heidi8, Organization for Transformative Works) discuss how fan writing-from missing scenes to remixes and crossovers-and other fanworks re-imagine the boundaries of everything from sexuality and gender to character and authorship. They'll discuss the way fan culture is challenging today's entertainment and publishing industry norms, and consider the value a noncommercial creative space can bring to emerging and even professional writers and artists. Moderated by Anne Jamison (Fic: Why Fanfiction Is Taking Over the World). It's on Friday from 2 - 3 PM in Room 29A; badges are required for this panel, too.
If you're interested in fanfic, please join our friends at the OTW for A Meet-Up Of Our Own. Join Team OTW, MarkDoesStuff and a flock of fandomers, authors and readers who use and enjoy the AO3. There'll be pitchers of margaritas & sodas, as well as snacks like chips and salsa.
We're hosting activities including a few rounds of Cards Against Humanity. You'll also have plenty of chances to meet fellow fans, learn about OTW members' Comic Con panels and share - and get - your own Comic Con tips. And yes, we'll have prizes and giveaways, too!
We'll be at the Tequila Bar at the Marriot Marquis & Marina adjacent to the Convention Center from 8 PM until after 9:30, so we'll overlap with the end of Preview Night. To join us at A Meet-Up Of Our Own, no Comic Con badge (or Preview Night registration) is required; we're just asking for $5 donations. Anonymous donors have underwritten much of the cost of the event, so any surplus will be donated to OTW.
There's a lot of other events and panels for fanfic and fandom fans at Comic Con, including "When Grrls Fall In Love" on Saturday afternoon, TheOneRing.net's preview of The Desolation of Smaug, a Twilight fanfic panel, and a sneak preview of Catching Fire, the next Hunger Games film.
Let us know if you'll be at SDCC, or come and say hi to Heidi at any of her panels - she'll have vintage FictionAlley temporary tattoos for anyone who asks!
Monday, 1 April 2013
Saturday, 31 March 2012
FictionAlley is live and onsite at the grand opening of the Warner Bros. Studio Tour in London. #ff @fictionalley for live tweets and pictures beginning now, 3 pm on Saturday, 31 March 2012.
More pictures from the red carpet:
Thursday, 29 March 2012
Update: Here are some pictures from the event:
Wand display at Ollivanders
Evanna Lynch and Warwick Davis at the press conference
Tom Felton and Rupert Grint at the press conference
David Yates and David Heyman at the press conference
The main doors of Hogwarts with press conference participants
And check out FictionAlley on Twitter (@fictionalley) for more pictures!
Tuesday, 24 January 2012
Best of all, the Quill Track is 100% included in your Ascendio registration!
Ascendio is the eighth event put on by HPEF, a nonprofit organized by Harry Potter fans to put on amazing, educational and fun events for fans, academics, writers, authors, Quidditch players, debaters, and anyone who loves discussing - or has been inspired by - the Harry Potter series of books and films. HPEF also hosted events like Nimbus - 2003, Azkatraz and Infinitus 2010, and the event is set to take place in Orlando, Florida from July 12 - 15, 2012. Click here for the website.
Currently, several authors, all bonafide Harry Potter fans, are confirmed for the Ascendio Quill Track, including Lev Grossman, Beth Revis, Veronica Roth and Aimee Carter.
We will also have not one, but THREE literary agents who will be in attendance: Carlie Webber of the Jane Rotrosen Agency, Lindsay Ribar of the Sanford J. Greenburger Associates agency, and Joanna Volpe, Vice President of the Nancy Coffey Literary Agency. Carlie, Lindsay and Joanna will all be hosting pitch sessions, as well as leading discussions on the publishing industry and writing.
Here are some of the great things you can look forward to as part of the Ascendio Quill Track:
- "Book club" readings/signings/discussions with YA authors, such as Beth Revis, Veronica Roth & Aimee Carter
- Panel discussions on hot topics in publishing, including commercial publishing vs. self-publishing, LGBTQ in YA, how to get an agent, and more
- Practical presentations by successful fans-turned-published authors on how to go from fanfic to pro writing, as well as how-tos on self-publishing ebooks
- Workshops on writing (fanfic and original) and critiquing
- The opportunity to give a one page pitch & receive feedback from a real live literary agent!
The Quill Track is still a part of Formal Programming at Ascendio -- we just decided to give all writing/publishing programming a special name so it’s easy to find on the program and at the con! What does this mean? The Quill Track needs you! You can submit a programming proposal for the Quill Track about any of the above topics, or anything you come up with -- if it has to do with writing (original or fanfiction!), publishing or books other than Harry Potter (such as The Hunger Games, Divergent), you can propose it for the Quill Track!
Check out the bios and additional information on our website!
If anyone is interested in helping with the postings, please email us at email@example.com - and thanks in advnace!
Friday, 30 December 2011
- [TDA] Lost Innocence by coppertop1 (Chapters: 9)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: None - 246 hits - 10161 words Genre: Angst, Drama - Main character(s): Canon Female Character - Ships: None - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years Tracey Davis is fourteen, and about to learn some hard life lessons.
- [AT] From Opposite Sides by BreeLee91 (Chapters: 7)
- Rating: 15 - Spoilers: HBP, DH - 411 hits - 5486 words Genre: Romance, Inspirational - Main character(s): Canon Female Character, Canon Male Character - Ships: Canon Female Character, Canon Male Character - Era: Multiple Eras Ted was a Muggle-born. Andromeda was a pure-blood from one of the greatest Wizarding families in history. Until she married him. We know them as the parents of Nymphadora Tonks. This is their story. And just wait until you find out who’s telling it!
- [Rid] Harry Potter and the Tales of The Bard by Professor McGuire (Chapters: 2)
- Rating: PG - Spoilers: None - 76 hits - 4231 words Genre: Parody, Humor - Main character(s): None - Ships: None - Era: Unspecified Era What happens when the "Harry Potter" characters meet an insane fan fiction author with a slight obsession with The Bard? This cliched bit of nonsense! Part one of The Calypso Adventure.
- [Sch] They Shook Hands : Post-Canon Revision : Year One by Dethryl (Chapters: 3)
- Rating: PG - Spoilers: PS/SS, QTTA, FB, JKR - 81 hits - 13780 words Genre: Alternate Universe, Friendship - Main character(s): Canon Female Character, Canon Male Character, Draco, Harry, Pansy - Ships: None - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years After swearing I was done tinkering with the first entry in the series, the Muse struck me. Essentially the same story, but with a more solid introduction to the new characters. Names changed to protect the innocent. Less canon text. More Snape!
- [TDA] Lost Innocence by coppertop1 (Chapters: 7)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: None - 224 hits - 8328 words Genre: Angst, Drama - Main character(s): Canon Female Character - Ships: None - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years Tracey Davis is fourteen, and about to learn some hard life lessons.
- [AT] ASP & SM by Professor McGuire (Chapters: 1)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: EPI - 0 hits - 9122 words Genre: Romance, Friendship - Main character(s): Albus Severus Potter, Scorpius Malfoy - Ships: Albus Severus Potter/Scorpius Malfoy - Era: Children of Characters in the HP novels Scorpius tilted his head, looking at Albus like he was a difficult Arithmancy problem. “Well, let’s think,” he said, fingering a lock of his blond hair thoughtfully. “With names like “Albus” and “Potter,” everyone probably already figures you for a Gryffindor.” He shook his head slowly. “Not me, though.” “Oh?” Albus said nervously. “What do you think?”
- [Sch] Alexandra Quick and the Stars Above by Inverarity (Chapters: 1)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: None - 0 hits - 6963 words Genre: Original Characters, General - Main character(s): Original Female Character - Ships: None - Era: In the nineteen years Alexandra Quick has discovered the dark secret at the heart of the Confederation, survived a visit to the Lands Beyond, and been given seven years to live. Now she's determined to cheat her fate and see justice done. Standing in her way is a vengeful conspiracy and secrets even she is not prepared for. She'll need the help of her friends and loved ones, but even that may not be enough against the power of the Stars Above. This is book four of the Alexandra Quick series. For more information, see the Quickipedia. View cover art and other images. Published: December 30, 2011 (after Beedle the Bard) - Updated: December 30, 2011
- [AT] Playing With Firewhiskey by sojealously (Chapters: 5)
- Rating: 15 - Spoilers: PS/SS, CoS, PoA, GoF, OotP, HBP, DH, EPI, QTTA, FB, BB, JKR - 497 hits - 20457 words Genre: Romance, Drama - Main character(s): George Weasley, Original Female Character - Ships: George Weasley/Original Female Character - Era: In the nineteen years One year after the War is over, George still hasn't gotten over Fred's death. Ron swears George needs a distraction to get away from "last year." Then, George meets Kaitlyn Thompson. Kaitlyn is loyal - to a fault. After all, that's what made her a great Hufflepuff. Her older brother (who has problems of his own, mind you) swears she needs to get out more, and break up with her awful boyfriend. Kaitlyn disagrees. Then, she meets George Weasley. Published: November 3, 2011 (after Beedle the Bard) - Updated: December 30, 2011
- [Sch] Rose Weasley and the Callamitus Clause by Alissie (Chapters: 10)
- Rating: G - Spoilers: PS/SS, CoS, PoA, GoF, OotP, HBP, DH, EPI, JKR - 1078 hits - 48109 words Genre: General, Mystery - Main character(s): Albus Severus Potter, James Potter II, Other Weasley, Rose Weasley, Scorpius Malfoy, Victoire Weasley - Ships: None - Era: Children of Characters in the HP novels Rose Weasley's To-Do List: -> Find out what enchantment is on family heirloom -> Protect two foreign friends -> Avoid Dark wizard who wants to kill aforementioned foreign friends -> Expose aforementioned Dark wizard -> Study for finals -> Don't get too close -> Try not to die -> Tea with Hagrid on Friday When history repeats itself, will Hogwarts be prepared?
Thursday, 29 December 2011
- [Sch] They Shook Hands : Post-Canon Revision : Year One by Dethryl (Chapters: 2)
- Rating: PG - Spoilers: PS/SS, QTTA, FB, JKR - 11 hits - 8267 words Genre: Alternate Universe, Friendship - Main character(s): Canon Female Character, Canon Male Character, Draco, Harry, Pansy - Ships: None - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years After swearing I was done tinkering with the first entry in the series, the Muse struck me. Essentially the same story, but with a more solid introduction to the new characters. Names changed to protect the innocent. Less canon text. More Snape! Published: December 28, 2011 (after Beedle the Bard) - Updated: December 29, 2011
- [TDA] World's Smallest Violin by kazooband (Chapters: 10)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: OotP, HBP, DH - 1812 hits - 29275 words Genre: Adventure, Drama - Main character(s): Draco, Tonks - Ships: Remus/Tonks - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years “Mum, I’m an Auror. I helped arrest his father.” “Draco is not a Death Eater.” Tonks only just managed to bite back her response to that, but she could see that her mother knew that she wanted to say “Not yet.” “Nymphadora, either I was going to take him in, or Bellatrix would.” Published: November 27, 2011 (after Beedle the Bard) - Updated: December 29, 2011
Wednesday, 28 December 2011
- [AT] Merry-Go-Round by BreeLee91 (Chapters: 1)
- Rating: 15 - Spoilers: DH - 0 hits - 1203 words Genre: Romance, Slash - Main character(s): Original Female Character, Tonks - Ships: Original Female Character/Tonks - Era: 1981-1991 Deanne Jenkins knew what she was for a long time, but she hadn’t planned on ever telling anyone. This secret was going to go with her to the grave. One girl forced her to admit her feelings: Nymphadora Tonks.
- [TDA] Lost Innocence by coppertop1 (Chapters: 6)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: None - 171 hits - 5986 words Genre: Angst, Drama - Main character(s): Canon Female Character - Ships: None - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years Tracey Davis is fourteen, and about to learn some hard life lessons.
Monday, 26 December 2011
- [TDA] World's Smallest Violin by kazooband (Chapters: 9)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: OotP, HBP, DH - 1543 hits - 28685 words Genre: Adventure, Drama - Main character(s): Draco, Tonks - Ships: Remus/Tonks - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years “Mum, I’m an Auror. I helped arrest his father.” “Draco is not a Death Eater.” Tonks only just managed to bite back her response to that, but she could see that her mother knew that she wanted to say “Not yet.” “Nymphadora, either I was going to take him in, or Bellatrix would.”
- [TDA] Lost Innocence by coppertop1 (Chapters: 4)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: None - 142 hits - 4070 words Genre: Angst, Drama - Main character(s): Canon Female Character - Ships: None - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years Tracey Davis is fourteen, and about to learn some hard life lessons.
Saturday, 24 December 2011
Friday, 23 December 2011
- [AT] These Years Past by BeautifulSinfulVice (Chapters: 1)
- Rating: 15 - Spoilers: DH, EPI - 0 hits - 1101 words Genre: Slash, Romance - Main character(s): Fred, George - Ships: Fred/George - Era: Multiple Eras When the years go by, there isn't a day in them where the twins are forgetful of their precious youth and the time they spent together. Twincest, Slash, Fluff, and Slight AU for this fangirl's denial of certain things.~ Rating will go up in later chapters.
- [AT] Another Life by BeautifulSinfulVice (Chapters: 1)
- Rating: 15 - Spoilers: None - 0 hits - 894 words Genre: Slash, Romance - Main character(s): Fred, George - Ships: Fred/George - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years Fred thinks that maybe, just maybe, in some other life, he and George could have what it takes to adopt a couple of children...then again...maybe not so much. Plenty of twincest and fluff to run amok.~
- [AT] From Opposite Sides by BreeLee91 (Chapters: 6)
- Rating: 15 - Spoilers: HBP, DH - 302 hits - 4955 words Genre: Romance, Inspirational - Main character(s): Canon Female Character, Canon Male Character - Ships: Canon Female Character/Canon Male Character - Era: Multiple Eras Ted was a Muggle-born. Andromeda was a pure-blood from one of the greatest Wizarding families in history. Until she married him. We know them as the parents of Nymphadora Tonks. This is their story. And just wait until you find out who’s telling it!
- [TDA] Lost Innocence by coppertop1 (Chapters: 3)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: None - 10 hits - 3476 words Genre: Angst, Drama - Main character(s): Canon Female Character - Ships: None - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years Tracey Davis is fourteen, and about to learn some hard life lessons.
Wednesday, 21 December 2011
- [TDA] World's Smallest Violin by kazooband (Chapters: 8)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: OotP, HBP, DH - 1258 hits - 21655 words Genre: Adventure, Drama - Main character(s): Draco, Tonks - Ships: Remus/Tonks - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years “Mum, I’m an Auror. I helped arrest his father.” “Draco is not a Death Eater.” Tonks only just managed to bite back her response to that, but she could see that her mother knew that she wanted to say “Not yet.” “Nymphadora, either I was going to take him in, or Bellatrix would.” Published: November 27, 2011 (after Beedle the Bard) - Updated: December 22, 2011
- [TDA] Confessions of a Death Eater by BreeLee91 (Chapters: 6)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: GoF, OotP, DH - 251 hits - 4767 words Genre: Darkfic, Character Sketch - Main character(s): Bellatrix, Draco - Ships: None - Era: Multiple Eras Ever wonder how Bellatrix Lestrange came to be such a wicked witch? The thoughts that went on in her mind? She left behind a letter that tells all... Published: December 9, 2011 (after Beedle the Bard) - Updated: December 21, 2011
Tuesday, 20 December 2011
- [AT] Harmonious Dissimilarity by BeautifulSinfulVice (Chapters: 1)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: None - 0 hits - 1121 words Genre: Slash, Romance - Main character(s): None - Ships: Fred/George - Era: The Harry Potter at Hogwarts Years Everybody was resolutely convinced that Fred and George Weasley were just too identical to tell apart. Perhaps by reading these series of drabblets, one might have the insgight to actually tell them apart...Twincest, slash, fluff~
- [TDA] Confessions of a Death Eater by BreeLee91 (Chapters: 5)
- Rating: PG-13 - Spoilers: GoF, OotP, DH - 197 hits - 3931 words Genre: Darkfic, Character Sketch - Main character(s): Bellatrix, Draco - Ships: None - Era: Multiple Eras Ever wonder how Bellatrix Lestrange came to be such a wicked witch? The thoughts that went on in her mind? She left behind a letter that tells all...